Friday, October 18, 2019

SharePoint Setup Error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue.

After completing to run the SharePoint 2016 prerequisites in my virtual machine, I got stuck with this screen:

No alt text provided for this image

I tried many times to reboot the computer and run the prerequisites again, without any success. So after a research I found this trick:
  1. Close the SharePoint Setup
  2. Open the Registry Editor
  3. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Session Manager
  4. Rename PendingFileRenameOperations to OldPendingFileRenameOperations
  5. Start the SharePoint Setup
After doing these steps, I was able to finish my installation.

Source: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/718e3354-94b7-4e3e-abd4-0f89a2574ba6/unable-to-install-sharepoint-server-2013-restart-is-required?forum=sharepointadmin

No comments:

Post a Comment